My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A relaxing evening

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mister Black

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:32 am

Thoughtfuel entered the "Teas, Tonics and Tinctures" He had heard quite a bit about the venue.
From advertisements to be honest. He had spent another few days in his house, working on a new spell implimentation and he was seeking some relaxation. The place seemed quiet enough although it was quite busy at this time of the evening. As he settle down he ordered some green tea. Thoughtfuel was a bit overwhelmed by the wide varerity of teas offered. As he looked around he spotted some interesting ponys. He thought about talking to some of them but couldn't quite muster up the courage.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:48 am

~~~OC: Logik~~~

Logik called over one of the servers of the establishment and asked for his drink to be replaced. An employee was quickly able to take his drink and quickly place a new one on the table, leaving once his work was finished. When he had left, the stallion resumed sipping his tea in short intervals, constantly writing seemingly random numbers, words and diagrams in a small journal that he had placed on the table surface in front of him. The light gray-coated Unicorn had been doing so for about a half-hour now, not making much progress in what he was doing from the looks of it.

The Unicorn put down his cup and sighed, looking up as he did so. The first thing that he saw, directly ahead of him, was another Unicorn pony, sitting at a separate table and looking over the other ponies that were settled into the establishment (not literally, of course). Logik had nearly mistaken the pony to be only a colt, but within a moment he had discerned it to be a grown adult stallion, although small in stature. The pony seemed to be...looking for someone, though Logik could not tell if this was true or not.

"U-um... E-excuse me, do...do you need help with anything?"
Back to top Go down
http://mlp-foe-oc-rp.forumotion.com/
Mister Black

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Thougtfuels ears perked up, a bit stunned by the ponys direct approachoal. He then gathered his senses responding "I... was just looking around this venue and you seemed" He put his hoof under his chin pondering about what to say while smiling nervously "Like an interesting person. I really hope I did not offend you"

He gulps a little and raises from his seat, wandering towards the pony, moving somewhat freely as his beverage was not served yet. "Would you mind if I accompanied you? As I can see* he ponted towars your journal recognizing something scientific "You are a scientist as well." His heart punded being unsure wether the rather bold approach was such a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:53 pm

"I...was just looking around this venue and you seemed...like an interesting person. I really hope I did not offend you."

Logik shook his head. "Oh, no, not in the slightest..." The Unicorn watched as the other pony stood up from his seat and approached him, finding it somewhat odd that their eyes were at the same level even though one was sitting and the other was standing.

"Would you mind if I accompanied you? As I can see," the pony gestured to his journal, "You are a scientist as well."

"I would not mind in the least if you were to accompany me. Though, 'as well'? You also study the fields of science?"
Back to top Go down
Mister Black

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:05 am

Thoughtfuel seated himself across from him. "Yes in fact I am a proffesional in the field of shielding spells. But I am truly interested in Science in general as well. I simply find the process of pony progress facinating. But where are my manners?"He reaches out a hoof "My name is Thoughtfuel, at your service"
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:20 pm

"Yes in fact I am a proffesional in the field of shielding spells. But I am truly interested in science in general as well. I simply find the process of pony progress facinating. But where are my manners?" The pony extended his hoof. "My name is Thoughtfuel, at your service."

Logik shook the other pony's hoof, finding it somewhat strange that he didn't feel as nervous as he usually would have, though he supposed that the tea he had ordered could have intiated some kind of calming effect.

"And my name is Logik. Good to meet you, Thoughtfuel." The Unicorn pulled his hoof back to its original position. "Shield magic. An interesting subfield of the arcane arts. It is good to meet someone that cares for the progress of ponykind."
Back to top Go down
Mister Black

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 pm

The other Pony shook his hoof. "And my name is Logik. Good to meet you, Thoughtfuel." He was positivly surprised by the ponys firm handshake."Shield magic. An interesting subfield of the arcane arts. It is good to meet someone that cares for the progress of ponykind."

Thoughtfuel blushed a little happy to meet someone who appreciated his mentality. "Well thank you my dearest Logik, would you mind terribly if I asked what you are working on? I am not a genuis but I would love to lend a hoove. Especially to someone who makes me such flattering compliments.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:02 am

"Well thank you my dearest Logik, would you mind terribly if I asked what you are working on? I am not a genius but I would love to lend a hoof. Especially to someone who makes me such flattering compliments."

Logik chuckled slightly. "I would be glad to share my work with a fellow arcane scientist." The Unicorn turned his journal to face Thoughtfuel and then slid it to the other pony, sipping his tea and once again speaking. "Well, recently I have been experimenting with sound manipulation magic, the ability to move and change sound as one pleases. It has proven to be a very...interesting field of the arcane arts, especially taking note of the fact that many new advanced amplification devices have been created in the past few years for the purpose of music and general public speaking and entertainment." The stallion thought for a second. "I'm not sure if shield magic can be incorporated into such study, though I would be glad to attempt any other ideas that you may have concerning the subject."
Back to top Go down
Mister Black

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 6:32 pm

"I would be glad to share my work with a fellow arcane scientist.Well, recently I have been experimenting with sound manipulation magic, the ability to move and change sound as one pleases. It has proven to be a very...interesting field of the arcane arts, especially taking note of the fact that many new advanced amplification devices have been created in the past few years for the purpose of music and general public speaking and entertainment." The stallion thought for a second. "I'm not sure if shield magic can be incorporated into such study, though I would be glad to attempt any other ideas that you may have concerning the subject." Thoughtfuel went over the material. It seemed as if Logik had made quite some progress already "Well" he began "for starters the amplification of the energy and the amplification of energy can usually be done seperatly as far as I know. So I could provide a flexible acoustic shield to keep the sound even, whilst you concentrate on the actual process. That way we can create a new amplification process without working on both parts of it at the same time." *He pages over the journal, when a server walks up to the table where he was formerly seated and you notice that he hestitates a moment before calling out "Excuse me, I am seated over here now."
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:27 am

"Well, for starters the amplification of the energy and the amplification of sound((?)) can usually be done separately as far as I know. So I could provide a flexible acoustic shield to keep the sound even, whilst you concentrate on the actual process. That way we can create a new amplification process without working on both parts of it at the same time."

"Hmm..."

Logik thought about the other pony's idea for a moment, taking back his journal and drawing a diagram of the thought and looking it over. He pushed the small journal back to Thoughtfuel when he was finished observing his quick sketch.

"That may turn out to be an excellent idea, actually. It would definitely be worth attempting, at the very least." He watched his newest acquaintance correct a waiter's serving target, and sipped some more of his tea. "So Thoughtfuel, where are you from? I would guess Canterlot, though hasty conclusions are rarely acceptable."
Back to top Go down
Mister Black

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 am

"Hmm..." Thoughtfuel watched Logik make the sketch and was quite surprised at how well he had pinpointed the idea when he recieved the notebook again. "That may turn out to be an excellent idea, actually. It would definitely be worth attempting, at the very least." Logik explained. Happily Thoughtfuel respnded "That is nice to know."

"So Thoughtfuel, where are you from? I would guess Canterlot, though hasty conclusions are rarely acceptable."
He looked a bit dumbfounded responding "Well I do have a bit of that" He looks as if he was trying to get the word to sound right. "Canterlot overformality, don´t I? You are in fact right. I was born in Caterlot but really I have lived in Ponyville all my life. It is not a common occurance for me to make an evening out though. On that note, might I inquire where you are from?"
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:17 pm

((Sorry for the slight delay, thought I had already responded.))

"Well I do have a bit of that Canterlot overformality, don't I? You are in fact right. I was born in Caterlot but really I have lived in Ponyville all my life. It is not a common occurance for me to make an evening out though."

"I see. It wasn't really your level of formality that provoked the guess, but more...well, what you say and the way in which you word it."

"On that note, might I inquire where you are from?"

"I am also from Canterlot, though, unlike you, I was raised there and lived in the city most of my life. In fact, I have only recently arrived in Ponyville from Canterlot, maybe a month ago now, possibly two. I decided to come and settle down here because of...certain problems that had arrived from the...community there. I find this town to be quite nice. Not as many resources for scientists such as us relative to those found in Canterlot, but it does host a better enviornment for delicate work, in my opinion."

Logik took another sip of his tea when he finished his somewhat long story.
Back to top Go down
Mister Black

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:58 pm

"I see. It wasn't really your level of formality that provoked the guess, but more...well, what you say and the way in which you word it.

"I am also from Canterlot, though, unlike you, I was raised there and lived in the city most of my life. In fact, I have only recently arrived in Ponyville from Canterlot, maybe a month ago now, possibly two. I decided to come and settle down here because of...certain problems that had arrived from the...community there. I find this town to be quite nice. Not as many resources for scientists such as us relative to those found in Canterlot, but it does host a better enviornment for delicate work, in my opinion."

Thoughtfuel takes another sip, with a slight smile he remarks "Is your current place sufficiently isolated for the experiments? If not I would really love to invite you over to mine, it is specifically built to withstand anything. We will have to take this somewhere else soon anyway, or so i figure"
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:05 pm

"Is your current place sufficiently isolated for the experiments? If not I would really love to invite you over to mine, it is specifically built to withstand anything. We will have to take this somewhere else soon anyway, or so I figure."

Logik chuckles a little bit, and then responds. "Built to withstand anything? Quite unexpected from a pony like you. As for my own home, it is built on the outskirts of Ponyville, so it is fairly isolated. Quiet neighborhood, in my opinion, nice ponies, even for Ponyville. However, I will agree that if we are to put these ideas to use, we will have to take them somewhere else." He took another sip of his tea. "We will most likely need to have access to some magic-sensitive gems in order to be able to go past ideas and spells and attempt to create a prototype, though."
Back to top Go down
Mister Black

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 6:50 am

"We will most likely need to have access to some magic-sensitive gems in order to be able to go past ideas and spells and attempt to create a prototype, though."

Thoughtfuel chuckles a bit " It is not something you would see everyday here in Ponyville and I am located farly on the edge pf Ponyville as well but when I first came here I had problems with random magical outbursts, so I had the place built to be resistant so I would not make myself homeless by accident." He frowns " You are right about the gems. I would be able to finance some of them but they are quite expensive. I don't want to dig around your financial situation as far but I would need to know wether we can afford it ourselves or if we need to gain sponsors for our research" He was immensly interested in this experiments and only the relaxing tea prevented him from pulling a shield around him on reflex.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:41 pm

"You are right about the gems. I would be able to finance some of them but they are quite expensive. I don't want to dig around your financial situation as far but I would need to know whether we can afford it ourselves or if we need to gain sponsors for our research."

Logik nodded slowly. "I'm sure that I would be able to find some of the needed gems if I were to look around my home, though I'm not sure if I would be able to spare enough to fully supply this project. Gaining sponsors, though, may prove an intriguing idea. I have always worked independently when I perform various experiments and studies, though I suppose a change in scenery might prove interesting."
Back to top Go down
Mister Black

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:27 am

"I'm sure that I would be able to find some of the needed gems if I were to look around my home, though I'm not sure if I would be able to spare enough to fully supply this project. Gaining sponsors, though, may prove an intriguing idea. I have always worked independently when I perform various experiments and studies, though I suppose a change in scenery might prove interesting."

Thoughtfuel almost chocked on his tea - such gems... lying around his home? - He regained posture but found that the tea no longer tasted any good after almost dying from it, so he decided to let it sit

"If you are working with sponsors for the first time I should warn you that we are most likely going to encounter some... problems. Usually the deal mostly means that we get bits and in return they are the first ones to get a license to use the new spell to give them a little head start from other business or scientists. However they will also be demanding that we further the research in a way they specifically can use. I could contact the Canterlot University, they would propably fund us regardless of how our results can be used - merely for the information itself, but they wouldn´t be as profitable as tending to a private, more specific sponsor."
Back to top Go down
Souboshi

Souboshi

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 am

Shout was stressed. Ridiculously stressed. She was so tense she could scream- But she wouldn't do that, no. Shout shook her head, attempting to shake off the jitters before they made her yell a house, or the train station for that matter, out of existence.

She had gotten on the wrong train. First time leaving Canterlot at all, she was on her own, and she took the wrong train. Straight to Ponyville. The opposite direction of where she wanted to go. Her new apartment was on Oat St., in Manehattan, not Ponyville.

Shout sighed and looked around. A spark of hope lit her face into a small smile as she saw what was obviously a tea shop. Maybe it wouldn't turn out to be such a terrible mistake after all.

Shout trotted up to the door and inside the quaint little place covered in bamboo. She couldn't help the growing smile spreading across her face. Now, as long as she could keep her voice down, some calming tea would do her good.

The young mare walked straight to a small table, and pleasantly (quietly) asked the first waiter to draw near for a cup of steaming green tea (her favourite). Then she waited patiently for its arrival, happily looking around at everything, and taking in all the beautiful foreign elements.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Logik tensed slightly when Thoughtfuel started to nearly choke on his drink, hoping nothing was wrong. The pony took a second to recover, and then spoke.

"If you are working with sponsors for the first time I should warn you that we are most likely going to encounter some... problems. Usually the deal mostly means that we get bits and in return they are the first ones to get a license to use the new spell to give them a little head start from other business or scientists. However they will also be demanding that we further the research in a way they specifically can use. I could contact the Canterlot University, they would probably fund us regardless of how our results can be used - merely for the information itself, but they wouldn't be as profitable as tending to a private, more specific sponsor."

Logik winced slightly when Thoughtfuel mentioned Canterlot University. "Well, I wouldn't say that this project is for profitability, more for advancement than anything else. However, I honestly do not terribly mind what sponsor we were to take, if we were to choose such a path. I suppose it should really be your choice, seeing as you already seem to know about these kinds of matters."
Back to top Go down
Mister Black

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:58 am

"Well, I wouldn't say that this project is for profitability, more for advancement than anything else. However, I honestly do not terribly mind what sponsor we were to take, if we were to choose such a path. I suppose it should really be your choice, seeing as you already seem to know about these kinds of matters."

Thoughtfuel nodded gracefully at Logik´s trust although he was never quite comfortable with making bigger decisions. Looking thoughtful he said "Well you are right that the purpose of this project rather lies in the advancement of ponykind so we would best tend to the Canterlot University. Sure we won´t make as many bits but it´s a safe bet."
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:46 pm

((Well, as it seems that Souboshi has been away from the site from a while now, and he/she is not yet too essential to the roleplay, we should continue from where we left off.))

"Well you are right that the purpose of this project rather lies in the advancement of ponykind so we would best tend to the Canterlot University. Sure we won't make as many bits, but it's a safe bet."

Logik nodded once again, finding himself able to hide the frown that tried to express itself on his face. The betterment of ponykind. Put your worries and fears away, this is more important. "Very well then, so I believe that is settled for now. Shall you take the liberty of contacting the University?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A relaxing evening Empty
PostSubject: Re: A relaxing evening   A relaxing evening I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A relaxing evening
Page 1 of 1