My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grounded (open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

Grounded (open) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am

Dare pushed the cloud to the sky and circled the town. "The town's a bit small, but a lot less crowded than the big cities, don't you agree?" Dare Devil proceeded with the small talk. "So, do you work somewhere here?"

As Dylgo and Dare took off on a cloud, Steam could only wonder what it would have been if she was a pegasi. "You said you made music, didn't you? Do you have any samples we could listen to while those two lovebirds are up there?" There was no hiding Steam's grin at her own comment since she knew Dare wouldn't last long in a relationship.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:47 am

((considering Dare and Dylgo are now in a different social circle than Steam and Flame, I'm going to go ahead and respond to Dare.))

It was good to be in the air again. while it wasn't her doing the flying, it was close enough. the wind in her mane was exactly what she needed. although it was the first time she's ever had to keep her tail under her hind leg. "I completely agree. it's so quaint and beautiful." she had never taken the time to look at the town from up here before. it seemed so much bigger from the ground. "I'm not working at the moment, but when my wing heals I plan on applying for the weather control. it only makes sense that a pony who's talent is flying get a job specialized for pegasi, right?" Dylgo said, looking back and smiling.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 am

"Huh, I thought you were already doing that. You seem to me like the type to get out there and get things done. " He said as he continued to steer the cloud.

He was silent for a while, not knowing what to talk about. He hardly knew this mare and he didn't want to risk making her jump off the could at this height. Alright, maybe that might be too much of an overreaction, but it could happen. So far in his career and years traveling, he learned that some mares were just relatively unstable. Though he would rather deal with unstable mares than unstable stallions.

"So, what are you're interests, aside from crashing into trees?" He said jokingly, although that question just slipped his tongue.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Dylgo giggled a little. "Yeah, I've only been here for a couple weeks." Things had gone quiet. Dylgo didn't really mind because she was happy with where she was. Truth be told, she nearly forgot her wing was broken. as she was laying there, She couldn't help but extend her good wing. being up here is the closest thing to flying for her over the next month, she may as well enjoy it.

Dylgo giggled a little at the joke. "I'm a speed freak. I practiced my flying at least once a day. and then I broke my wing. I don't know what I'm going to occupy myself with for the next month." She said, smiling. "Thank you for this." Dylgo spoke up. "Really. truth be told, I was feeling down about not being able to fly. I really appreciate this."

Last edited by Dylgo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Dare Devil knew how it felt being unable to fly. His braced wing was proof of that. "Speed freak? Aren't we all. I'm sure you'll think of something to get your mind off of that wing." Dare was happy seeing a smile on the face of his new friend. At least her recovery is starting on a positive note.

Dare continued to push the cloud at a leisurely pace. Then Dylgo spoke up thanking him for doing this for her. "It's no problem. I know it sucks to be grounded. Want to know what I did to get into the air while I was stuck on the ground?"
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Dylgo's ears perked up at this. "Yeah, That would be really nice to know." Dylgo said in genuine curiosity. This would be great to know. considering how clumsy she is, it might be quite useful.

((sorry, couldn't think of anything else lol))
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:27 am

Dare grinned and chuckled just thinking about what he did when he had a broken wing. "Well, when I couldn't fly, it drove me crazy and that itch in my wing just wouldn't let up. It was just so unnatural since I've been in the air most of my life. I knew I had to get in the air one way or another. Hehe, I couldn't find a catapult, so I went with the next best thing, a glider! I borrowed one from one of my friends and went to the highest cliff I could find. What happened after... Well, lets just say that my recovery was delayed for another whole month. Always check the bars before jumping off." Dare just laughed. No matter how badly that episode ended, it was all in the past.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 am

Dylgo couldn't help but laugh at the story. it sounded painful, but the way he told the story was hilarious. "That sounds like an important safety tip." she said laughing some more. "not to offend you or anything, but by the looks of things, you've apparently had more than one of these episodes." She said as if she was mocking him. it wasn't often she made these kind of jokes. she knew well that a joke like this could easily be taken the wrong way, so she usually saved these jokes for friends of hers.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 8:03 am

He was happy that he made the mare's face lighten up with a bright smile. When she asked if he had any more of those accidents, he chuckled. "Plenty. You see, when you live for danger, injury is always following close behind your hooves. Now, you might call me insane, but that feeling you get when you are in a situation where your life is on the line, and there is almost no chance you can survive? I look forward to that each day. Some ponies say that I have a few screws loose, if you know what I mean. But of course, I'm not too reckless as to throw myself down a manticore's throat without a backup plan. Any who, yep I got myself into a lot more of those episodes in the past, and no doubt I'll be encountering more in the future. But that's life, right? Nopony's gonna live forever, might as well live till our number is called."

Dare wasn't sure where he was pulling this conversation to, but he did realize that his last statement sounded like bad advice, so he quickly added, "Don't take what I said as a reason to live everyday as if it was your last! It's always nice to slow your pace from time to time. And besides, Steam would kill me in my sleep if you got hurt listening to my rambles." Throughout all he said, he kept his face with a friendly vibe. Hopefully he didn't scare the mare by telling her that his goal in life was to seek death and dodge it. Or at least that what it sounded to him now that he said it to himself in his head.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 8:29 am

As Dare told his story, Dylgo spent the time smiling and nodding every now and then. The soft cloud being quite comfortable, she lays her head on her front legs as she listened to Dare. she agreed with what Dare what saying in the end. death is inevitable but that's no excuse to be stupid about it. but safety was also no excuse for being bored your whole life. seeming like he's done, Dylgo speaks up.

"I agree. life goes by quickly. it seemed like just yesterday I was just a filly trying to find my place. and now look at me. miles from all of my childhood memories for a shot at being better at what I love to do. you should have fun while you're here, but there's no excuse for blind recklessness. For instance, That roof right there." She said, pointing to a rooftop that wasn't that far off. "If I wasn't thinking about the dangers, it would seem like fun to jump down there. while I would survive, it would be stupid to even attempt such a thing in my condition. if my wings were fine, I could glide down before landing. but with my broken wing, the landing would cause far more problems than the adrenaline rush is worth. you know?" She was rambling at this point. realizing it, she shuts herself up before she starts repeating herself. it took Dylgo a second, but as she thought back on what Dare was saying she quickly remembers the last part about if she got hurt. it was touching that he was looking out for her. even if it was in fear of what Steam would do to him. She smiled a little at this.

looking at the cafe they had started at, she quickly realizes how long they were up here. "We should get back. Steam is probably getting bored." Dylgo said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 8:55 am

"Righto." Dare took the cloud around and headed for their table, which was quite a distance from what he expected. He lost track of time and as Dylgo said, Steam is probably bored to death by now. He was impressed that Dylgo had understood what he meant earlier, not because of low expectations from her, rather because the way he said it was like in code or riddles that if he wasn't the one saying it, he probably couldn't understand it himself. 'I think I'm just over-thinking things.'

He let the cloud down easy on the ground when they reached the cafe. "You two lovebirds sure took your time up there." Steam teased at the two pegasi.

"Always so quick to take a jab, eh? Where's Flame?"

"He left a moment ago, seemed to be in a hurry." After saying that, Steam quickly noticed that she was open for a jab from Dare. "And no, I didn't scare him away, Dare."

"Beat me to that one." Dare laughed.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:08 am

as the Dare pushed the cloud back to the cafe, Dylgo's thoughts slipped back to home and how her brother and sister might be doing. It still amazes her that she made the decision to move to Ponyville. such decisions were highly unlike her. thinking back on it, it didn't make much logical sense either. she has more to lose than to gain from all this. things were going well so far, but it could have just as easily gone downhill.

arriving at the cafe, Dylgo stands up and stretches her legs and good wing. overhearing Steam's lovebird comment, Dylgo blushed a little. listening to the short exchange the two had, she finally thinks of something to say. "you two remind me more and more of my siblings all the time. so mean to each other." She said laughing. she knew it was all just playful fun, but the two of them really did seem close enough to be siblings.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 am

Hearing Dylgo's comment about how the two of them reminded her of her siblings, Steam and Dare looked at each other and giggled. "Well, close enough at least. We knew each other from way back and we were indeed as close as siblings could be. Together with our 'black sheep' of a friend, the three of use were an almost unstoppable team." Dare got an elbow from Steam. "Gloaaaaating." She said with a giggle.

"Your home must be very lively then if your siblings were like us." He said to change the subject before he gets lost in memory lane.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:36 am

Dylgo couldn't help but giggle a little more. "oh yeah, the first time I broke my wing, my brother always flew circles around me because he knew it annoyed me." She said giggling a little more. her childhood memories always made her smile. well, most did anyways. "My dad was never afraid to get in on the action every now and then as well. there was at least one 'don't tell Mom' moment a week!" she said smiling. "My sister and I always gave each other a hard time. we're polar opposites, so it wasn't that hard to do."
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:57 am

"Dysfunctional, yet strong. Yea, that's been our circle for the past few years." Dare said with a grin.

"Mhm." Steam continued. "First time Dare had a crush, Midnight, the 'black sheep of a friend' Dare mentioned a while ago, wouldn't stop poking him about it. The fights those two had every other day..." Steam looked teasingly at Dare and she received a glare from him.

"Don't forget that time when he tried to 'hook' you up with a 'friend' of his." Dare tilted his head, wearing a face of mockery and giving extra emphasis on the words hook and friend. He was going to say what happened next but Steam quickly put a hoof over his mouth. Dare let out a muffled laughter. "Come on, your secret wasn't that bad, no need to tell her that part."
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 am

unable to think of much to say at the moment, Dylgo found herself standing there grinning like an innocent filly. the topic of crushes was not a particularly active one for Dylgo. looking back up at the sky, she noticed that the sun was starting to set. it had been a long and eventful day. it was no surprise that they had lost track of time. kicking the cloud behind her apart, she speaks up. "Well, should we be going then?" she said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:30 am

'Get going?' Dare looked at the sky and saw that it was setting. "Ah shoot! I forgot I had to pick up something from the town hall! You two go ahead, I'll drop by when I'm done." Without giving an opportunity for either mares to speak up, Dare Devil flashed away towards the town square to pick up what he came for in the first place.

"Some things just never change. Lets go then." Steam trotted down the road, going back the way they came. "So, what were you two talking about up there? Something personal?" Steam gave a sly smile. For some reason, she felt the need to tease those two.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:41 am

Dare racing off really reminded Dylgo of herself. she has, admittedly, done that to her Manehattan friends several times in the past. fixing her mane a little, Dylgo followed Steam. When Steam asked Dylgo if they were talking about personal stuff, Dylgo couldn't stop herself from blushing. "No." She said quickly while her good wing instinctively flared out. "We got to know each other a little." Dylgo really didn't know why she was blushing so much. "He told me about the glider episode as well."
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 am

Steam saw the blush on her face and couldn't help letting out a smirk. 'So the two lovebirds have found their match?' Steam wanted the teasing to begin so badly at this point but decided to hold off till both of them were together in the same place to maximize the embarrassment and awkwardness between the two.

"Glider episode?" Steam asked, getting sidetracked from her devious planning. "Ohh! That." She realized what Dylgo meant by that and muffled her laugh. "You'd be surprised how much rock he could bounce off of. His mother was hysterical after finding out what happened. For the next few days, he begged us to lock him in the hospital. Tried to reason with us that it would be 'better' for his recovery."
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:23 am

Dylgo's good wing folding back in from relief in the fact that Steam was moving on from the lovebird issue, Dylgo smiled at the story. "yeah, that sounds like him." She says giggling. "part of it is just being a pegasus. If there's anything I know about Pegasi, it's that none of us ever like being grounded for long." part of this was also coming from their talk. Dylgo felt like keeping a fair amount of this a secret for now considering Steam's newfound interest in poking fun at Dylgo in the most annoying spot possible.
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 am

"I can imagine. Most unicorns couldn't live without magic since we've been living with it for so long. I guess the same principle goes for pegasi and flying. It's hard doing things differently than what your used to." It was already dark when Steam unlocked the door to her shop. With a speck of magic, Steam locked the door behind them and hung the key to the hook behind the giant gear sticking out of the wall.

With a yawn Steam walked upstairs. The whole day was tiring, but fun. She pulled down the two beds which were attached to the wall and plopped down on her bed, wrapping herself with the blanket. Remembering Dylgo's condition, she got out of bed to see what she could help her with. "Need anything for that wing, dear?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Blind Side

Blind Side

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:37 pm

the last short part of the walk was quiet. Dylgo didn't really mind though. it was good to have some time to think. She didn't have much of that lately. back at home, Dylgo didn't waste much time in getting a letter home started. if she didn't at least start it now, she would just forget again. only getting a paragraph done, she decides to head to bed. "No, thank you." She says as she starts getting into bed. Forgetting about her broken wing, she lays on it by accident, sending a jolt of pain through her.

Dylgo instinctively jolts up from the pain. "ow!" she bellows for a quick second. "on second thought, remind me to never do that again." she says, forcing a smile. laying back down on her other side, it doesn't take her long to fall asleep.

a comfortable bed. at last.

Last edited by Dylgo on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Digital Changeling

Digital Changeling

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 am

Steam couldn't help but coil after seeing Dylgo landing on her broken wing. She might not know how much it hurt, but from Dylgo's expression she knew it hurt a lot. Then the pegasus just made a joking comment about it and laid back on the bed. "Yep... a perfect match..."

Steam laid down on her bed and wrapped herself in the blankets again, but it seemed like the sleepiness had gone away. 'Just great...' She turned her head to look out the window, seeing the brilliance of the night sky. Eventually, boredom converted itself to sleepiness and soon Steam was out cold. All that talk of the past caused her to dream about the moments she had back in Manehattan. Nostalgia gripped her heart as the memories flashed and a few tears managed to escape. Where has time gone? Nostalgia was such a bittersweet feeling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grounded (open)   Grounded (open) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grounded (open)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4